Interior designers in Melbourne are choosing bi-fold doors to enhance the look of a home. These classy doors have a variety of hardware which can add a touch of instant class to a room. The main reason why bi-fold doors have become a popular choice of homeowners is the flexibility which they offer. These doors allow you to enjoy the view or have complete privacy whenever you desire. Plus the fact that these look modern and glamorous adds to its appeal as well.
The Benefits of installing bi-fold doors
Bi-fold doors look aesthetically appealing, isn’t the only reason why designers choose them over other traditional patio doors. The following are a few reasons why they are the choice of savvy homeowners in Melbourne.
- Bi-fold doors are low maintenance. These doors can look all spick and span for years. Unlike wooden doors which may lose their polished look after some time and require proper care. These doors just require an occasional wet wipe and at times a thorough cleaning to ensure there are no finger stains. Other than that they look classy and beautiful and add to the glamour of your space.
- Goes well with or without curtains. Your room faces a private garden, all the more reason to install bi-fold doors. You can enjoy the scenery despite the fact whether the doors are closed or open. You don’t even need to add curtains because privacy won’t be an issue either.
- Bi-fold doors look modern and chic. Gone are the days when sliding doors had to be made from heavy materials and would be a bane to open and close. These lightweight doors are durable as well as being aesthetically appealing.
- These doors have a slim profile. However most people believe that bi-fold doors aren’t as strong as traditional patio doors. That is not the case. These doors are just as sturdy as any other kind of doors.
- Bi-fold doors allow free movement for homeowners. Since these doors can easily be stacked on one side these can give a spacious feel to an otherwise smaller home. Rooms that are welcoming and open into one another for easy access are one of the most basic advantages of installing bi-fold doors.
- Weather proof and energy efficient. Despite having a slim profile bi-fold doors can offer weather protection and can help saves up on utility bills as well. During the hot season you could open these doors to allow fresh air to circulate in your home. In cool weather these doors don’t allow the warm air to escape and keep the cold out as well. However the material which you choose for your bi-fold doors can actually help weather proof your homes.
Triple glazing for bi-fold doors
The number one reason why people prefer triple glazing for their bi-fold doors is to make them more energy efficient. It can make your doors look more attractive and save up on utility bills as well.
Over the Internet you can find many bi folding doors pictures, also some great examples of wooden sliding doors. Do you research and let us know what you found, feel free to send the ones you liked the most.